Pages

So tell me whatcha looking for?

Monday, June 20, 2011

GREEN LANTERN (MOVIE REVIEW)


Recently, I got the opportunity to watch the well awaited movie, Green Lantern, starring Ryan Reynolds. The synopsis of the movie is;
A test pilot is granted a mystical green ring that bestows him with otherworldly powers, as well as membership into an intergalactic squadron tasked with keeping peace within the universe.
Yes, I know the plot sounds cliched and childish but hey, this movie WAS ADAPTED from the original Green Lantern comic books first published in 1940. So you shouldn't just immediately label the movie as 'boring' or 'lame'. I agree that the plot IS a little common and overused since mankind always seem to be REALLY undistinguished and can be easily wiped out of our whole population (in almost every other movie) BUT I realized that it actually sends out a very powerful message to us all.

Since the power ring and power lantern gives the user great control over the physical world as long as the wielder has sufficient willpower and strength to wield it, it gave me the joy of hope that in this crumbling world we live in, there's the possibility of surviving as long as you persevere. Be it at work or at school, I think it applies just the same. Every person out there just seeks to get by each day without any worries or regrets and whether you realize this or not, your existence makes the world a difference, depending on your outlook of life. If aliens do exist among us (as the movie suggests) and are feeding on FEAR to grow stronger, I hope and pray that one day if world domination IS EVER to occur and we're being attacked by aliens (wait, do I sound like a saddist?), I would have the courage, willpower and strength to fight and try my very best to live on. With that, my legacy shall prevail.  

Okay, okay. I know what you must be thinking by now. WHAT THE CRAP IS THIS GIRL TALKING ABOUT?! I know I have weird thoughts and the best part is that I LOVE SHARING MY WEIRD THOUGHTS WITH YOU! :D
You know how girls are, one day we're worrying about our weight;
another day we worry about (world domination?) AHAHAHAHAHA!



But anyway, enough with the scary thoughts. Besides the plot, the C.G.I. effects are pretty awesome and not to mention, they have a great cast to boot the movie with! Check out MAH MAN, RYAN REYNOLDS! 


LIKE ZOMMMMGGGGG, CHECK OUT THOSE ABS! *wipes drool*

But Blake Lively gets our Green Lantern/ Chocolate Abs :'(
(She looks gorgeous in the movie though. heehhe)

Oh, and I actually really like the Green Lantern Oath too :D

"In brightest day, in blackest night,
 No evil shall escape my sight,
 Let those who worship evil's might,
 Beware my power....Green Lantern's light!" 





*Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttssss!* :)

No comments:

Post a Comment