Pages

So tell me whatcha looking for?

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

SECRET GARDEN : 시크릿 가든


I know, I know. This drama review is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY overdue but I hope it's not too late (for some of you). Okay, firstly, I can't wait to tell you how great this drama is! It's truly the BEST Korean drama up to this date. Since it was produced in 2010, it's not your typical SLOWWWW paced Korean drama where you feel like slapping the lead actors/actresses for being so dumb. I know there's some dramas where conflicts lasts for MANY MANY episodes and you don't see the main actors falling in love UNTIL THE LAST EPISODE. But thank God, Secret Garden is NOTHING like that! Those dramas are so tiring to watch. I mean, I know it's supposed to be DRAMATIC since it's called a drama but come on! The world is evolving. ahahha. Okay, that's exaggerated. Anyway, here's the synopsis of the story! :)

The drama tells the story of Kim Joo Won (Hyun Bin), an arrogant and eccentric CEO who maintains the image of seeming perfection, and Gil Ra Im (Ha Ji Won), a poor and humble stuntwoman whose beauty and body are the object of envy amongst top actresses. Their accidental meeting, when Joo Won mistakes Ra Im for actress Park Chae Rin, marks the beginning of a tense, bickering relationship, through which Joo Won tries to hide a growing attraction to Ra Im that both confuses and disturbs him. To complicate matters further, a strange sequence of events results in them swapping bodies.

Editor's Note: This is NOT your typical swapping of the bodies just for humor. By the end of the drama, you'll understand the purpose of the swap and might even shed a tear. I sure did :')


I SWEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR THIS DRAMA IS WORTH WATCHING. IT'S MORE THAN WORTH WATCHING. IT'S FANTASTIC! (Don't kill me if you don't like it though)




















Did I also mention that the cast are amazing actors and actresses? :)

Anyway, here are some of my FAVOURITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE quotes from the show. If you haven't watched it before, you might find it puzzling though

"I’m telling you now, from all the poor and alienated neighbors, you’re the only person to receive Kim Joo Won’s first and last hand-written letter. So you can be proud of yourself.
 

This afternoon, the wind is blowing and it’s shaking the branches.  I hope that when you read this letter, it is in an afternoon when the wind is blowing the tree’s branches just like this. Just now I realize that the magic spell we are under might be a gift from God. So smile joyfully as the recipient of a wonderful gift.  If you laugh from the heart, I will hear that laugh because I am a lot more competent person that you think.  I hope you’ll see the things I see. You’ll stand at the window where I stand, lie down in the bed where I laid down and read the books that I read. Shave my face nicely. Dress me in the expensive, cool clothing that I like. If we could be together even in that way, then it’s enough. Let’s think of it as us being together. That’s enough for us to consider ourselves as happy as other couples."  —Kim Dol Chu
She drives like a car racer. If she witnesses someone’s purse being snatched, someone she’s never met in her life, she’ll throw fists. She has no money and her body is covered in scars, but she doesn’t want to spend even one second of one minute with people like us. She’s that kind of woman. I’ve never seen a woman as cool as her. That… is my answer. 
"I'm warning you..don't get mad at me because of another guy. Don't tell me it hurts because of another guy. And don't ever come to me again because of another guy." 
“Don’t fall in love with another guy. For the rest of your life, live alone and think of me. This is perhaps the most selfish decision I’ve made in my life.”  
“It’s not because I love you, but because I only love you. If I don’t have you, then I won’t have any other choices.”  
“Open your eyes. You did something strange and stole my heart, you made me drink something strange and stole my body, showed up at someone else’s party and stole even my lips. If it wasn’t for that, there is no reason for you to look so pretty in my eyes.” 


Now can someone please tell me where MY Kim Joowon is hiding?


*Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttssss!* :)

No comments:

Post a Comment