Pages

So tell me whatcha looking for?

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

EPISODE 8 PREVIEW FOR 해를 품은 달 (THE MOON THAT EMBRACES THE SUN)

OMGGGGGGGGGGG! JUNG IL WOO'S FANTASTIC PORTRAYAL OF EMOTIONS! 
And Prince YangMyung recognizes Yeon Woo first! But...I feel so sad every time I think about his unrequited love :(  Wol would just act as a human amulet and stay by King Lee Hwon's side to heal his sickness (whatever he has). But I doubt Lee Hwon would know that she's by his side in this episode. After all, we're only in Episode 8. After Episode 7 yesterday, I felt like I still feel Chi Soo in Prince Yang Myung's character, which I'm not too sure if that's good. But after seeing the preview for episode 8, I felt relieved that Jung Il Woo's acting skills prove to not disappoint. As for Kim Soo Hyun, it's still hard for me to be 100% convinced of his portrayal of the king since young Yeo Jin Goo did such a great job. I know it's his first sageuk and all but I'm sure his acting would improve as the episodes go by. Han Ga In, on the other hand, did a better job than I expected. The scene where she cries upon seeing King Lee Hwon's face while his palanquin was passing by was moving. But STILL! this drama feels like it slowed down a little for me after it transitioned into the adult cast. I pray that everyone does a good job for Ep 8! *crosses fingers*

Comments from koalasplayground:

The transition from the children to the adults in The Moon that Embraces the Sun has changed the mood and dynamic of the drama as expected. Not in ways that are good or bad, just that the vibrant colors and sparkling energy has given way to darkened romance and moody melancholy. Everything feels heavier, as it ought to since the cheerful kids have turned into sad adults for the most part aside from Princess Minhwa. Normally child actors are just placeholders for their adult counterparts, holding down the fort until the adults everyone wants to see show up. This might be the first time I’ve been so taken with the children that it’s not that easy to immediately accept the adult actors in the same role.

I think the adults are doing just fine all around, but except for Kim Soo Hyun as Hwon and Nam Bora as Princess Minhwa, I’m still vaguely bothered by this feeling of disconnect between performances that don’t quite jibe for all the other adults. Storywise, the plot appears to be moving at the speed of a freight train, with very little of the typical drawn out reunion scenes and just-missed-each-other moments. I’m just glad that both Yang Myung and Hwon saw Wol and immediately recognized her as a doppleganger for Yeon Woo. Yay for avoiding logic fail! Now bring on more sizzle.

SEE! I'm not the only one who thinks that way! 


Turn on "CC" to view subs!



*Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttssss!* :)

No comments:

Post a Comment