Pages

So tell me whatcha looking for?

Monday, January 16, 2012

해를 품은 달 (THE MOON THAT EMBRACES THE SUN)

HEY GUYS! :D
I just wanted to share my newest K-drama obsession, The Moon That Embraces The Sun, that is currently still airing on MBC. 


SYNOPSIS:


Yeon Woo who was betrothed to the crown prince, Lee Hwon, was plotted against and believed to be killed by the people who are both jealous and fearful of her beauty and wits when she was just a young girl. Having being saved by a female Shaman after her killers deemed her to be dead, she grew up to become a shaman just like her adopted mother under the name of Wol.

She encounters the adult Lee Hwon who grew up to be a cruel, cold and uncaring after the pain of losing his most beloved Yeon Woo. As Lee Hwon began to return back to his original kind nature due to his love for Wol whom attracted him with her similarities to Yeon Woo, the truth behind the plotting of Yeon Woo’s death comes to light and he finds himself in a difficult position as he realizes his grandmother and sister were involved with it. 



So far, there are only 4 episodes out but I'm totally hooked! They started off with child actors and usually, that would pull the ratings down but not in this case! They surpassed the 20% mark and honestly, the child actors are doing so brilliantly! They're so much fun to watch and they bring so much color to the whole element of innocent, cute and playful puppy love. Not only that, they have a wonderful chemistry going on and I think I'm really enjoying the whole childhood period because it's such a breath of fresh air. 
One word; AWESOME. 

Kim Yoo Jung as the Young Yeon Woo

Yeo Jin Goo as the Young Lee Hwon

Lee Min Ho as the Young Prince Yang Myung

Lim Si Wan (ZE:A) as Young Heo Yeom

Lee Won-Geun as the Young Woon

Kim So-Hyun as the Young Yoon Bo Kyung

Jin Ji Hee as the Young Princess Minhwa

The reason why I HAD TO introduce the young actors to you guys is because they've done an AMAZING job on their roles! I'm actually feeling a little sad that they will be leaving on the sixth episode. I mean, don't get me wrong. I would love to see the adult cast take over and for the plot to thicken, but I have this fear inside me that the adult cast might lack that CHEMISTRY that's needed to make this sageuk one of the best period dramas of 2012. I'm still keeping my fingers and toes crossed that the adults would be as fantastic as the kids. 
PRAY WITH ME! 


Kim Soo Hyun as Lee Hwon

Han Ga In as Wol/ Yeon Woo

Jung Il Woo as Prince Yang Myung

Kim Min-seo as Queen Yoon 

Song Jae Hee as Heo Yeom

Song Jae Rim as Woon

Nam Bo Ra as Princess Min Hwa

Looking forward to many more great episodes WHICH BETTER NOT DISAPPOINT ME and hopefully, we'll get a good ending! 

Teehee! Loving this pair so much! <3



*Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttssss!* :)

2 comments:

  1. I am sooo disappointed with the casting choice of Han Ga In :(((( She's mehh in the acting department and does not fit the bill for Yeon woo (in my book)...she's supposed to be 2 years older, but Han Ga In looks really really old compared to Soohyun who by the way looks like a kid next to her! Doesn't help that he's babyfaced too :/ But I guess I won't give up hope yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I was really disappointed when I found out Han Ga In was starring as Yeon Woo! I know in the novel, she's supposed to look older than Lee Hwon since she's been living as a shaman and helping the ill and stuff but...you know! And I don't feel that her acting's THAT fantastic buttttttttt I guess we'll just have to wait till Ep 7 where she actually starts to have some lines. ahahha! I saw the preview and she meets Lee Hwon! Just like in Chapter 1 of the novel.

    ReplyDelete