Pages

So tell me whatcha looking for?

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

BEAST- FICTION MV (ENG SUBBED)

What's up, guys?
Beast is back with their latest music video, Fiction. 

The music video features dramatic scenes that intertwine with cuts of choreography. Aligning with the song’s heartbreaking lyrics, the video sees rapper Junhyung unwilling to accept that the woman he loves (Park Bo Young) has left him. He begins to write a fictional story in his head to continue his romance with her, as 
exemplified by the scenes weaving in and out of his imagination, contrasting starkly with his reality.


Source: allkpop



The first time I watched the music video without English subtitles, I was really confused. I mean, through the title of the song, you could understand that everything that was in Junhyung's mind (the happy couple scenes) was just a fiction. However, after reading the subtitles and understanding what the lyrics was trying to convey,  I felt the pain and sadness that I was meant to feel from the song. Like I said in a previous post, people have different ways in coping with sadness and sometimes we just refuse to believe the truth. We live in a bubble of lies made solely by our imagination so that we don't get hurt and maybe, just maybe we can get through this phase of life. I know the lyrics and music video might not be so deep in translation but that's how I feel it related to life. Sometimes, we just gotta move on.

Anywayyy, depressing stories aside, I'm actually getting really addicted to the song. I love how the background music is very beastly-fied. It suits them very well and Junhyung's raps never fail to captivate me. I think the boys did a great job trying to convey the meaning of the lyrics and portray the hurt that they're going through in order to make the music video look realistic. All in all, I'm sure that Beast will have a great comeback this time around! I will be watching closely in support of them, just like how I've always done :)


*Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttssss!* :)

No comments:

Post a Comment