Pages

So tell me whatcha looking for?

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Travel Log - International Street Market, Aberdeen

Hello Hello!


By now, I'm sure you would know that I'm in Scotland to finish off my studies. Since you would also know that I'm the phantom blogger of this blog, I have decided to create a new section called the 'Travel Log' to document my travels or if I come across any interesting places/events. Just a little push to blog more. SJ was delighted to hear about this although she remains HIGHLY SKEPTICAL.

So here goes, my FIRST post in Travel Log.

I accidentally stumbled across the International Street Market in Union Terrace, Aberdeen last weekend. It's meant to be a bazaar with stalls from all around Europe selling food, crafts and gardening supplies. They have it once every two months, on the first weekend. So the next one would be during the first weekend of July.

My friend and I tried some of the food and it was really refreshing to be trying food from different countries, all in one spot. Here are some pictures :

 Mini Pancakes from Netherlands, with Nutella topping. A chocolate lover's must-try!




                       We tried Churros, a Spanish snack. The dough is fried and then sprinkled with sugar. Yummy..



Waiting for the Roast Hog while holding on to the Churros


 Didn't have any of it but it's advertised as an alternative to the usual meat ..



German Salami!



Till the next time!

*Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttssss!* :)

PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment