Pages

So tell me whatcha looking for?

Friday, April 15, 2011

MOVING RUBBER

Hey guys!
Have you heard about moving rubber?

\

NAHHHH! That's not the kind of rubber that I'm going to talk about today. Have you ever realized that your car door is lined with rubber to secure the closure of your door and ensure that your drive is silent and peaceful? If you have, THAT'S the kind of rubber I'm talking about. 

So today while I was on my way home with my brother from college, we were on the DUKE highway and suddenly we heard a tapping sound on the back of the window. We gave each other puzzled looks and glanced back to see a long linear rubber jutting out at the left side of the car. We were shocked and quickly stopped at the side of the road to inspect the situation. It turns out that this has happened before and my brother was trying to jam the rubber back into place (with not much luck, I may say) when SUDDENLY there was this motorcyclist that stopped in front of our car. To my surprise, he was wearing a DUKE jacket. I know I may be a little outdated but I have never seen these workers doing their rounds and helping out people with busted cars. However, since our car didn't run out of petrol or have a serious breakdown, we just waved at him and told him everything was alright, ripped the rubber out of the sides and chucked it into the car boot then drove off SAFELY. It just felt pretty cool to know that THERE ARE workers who go on rounds on the DUKE highway and if I were to give them a review, it would be a pretty nice piece ;D

Conclusion: DO NOT BUY MALAYSIAN CARS. DUKE HIGHWAY IS PRETTY COOL. 



Another incident on the DUKE highway which I find pretty amusing was when we came across a police inspection on the opposite side of road. You know, kena cari makan, kan? Anyway, the speed limit for the DUKE highway is JUST 90 km per hour but by the looks of the oncoming cars, they were DEFINITELY exceeding the speed limit. What shocked me the most was that there were so many cars behind us (our car, included) who were flashing the oncoming cars continuously to forewarn them on what they're getting themselves into in a matter of seconds. I know that THIS TOO isn't something phenomenal to even be a topic to blog about but can you guys see the significance of this like how I do? Do you realize how united Malaysians are when it comes to avoiding police checks? It makes me get the feeling that our society is QUITE considerate and that we should appreciate this kind of act of kindness. NO, I'm not going to be preaching about 1Malaysia but as a Malaysian of the younger generation (or at least that's what I like to call myself), I actually want THE ADULTS to stop stereotyping and start seeing issues such as equality and living harmoniously in a better light. 

Conclusion: START LIVING LIFE AND STOP POLITICAL FIGHTS! 

Oh, and I even came across this chain post on facebook (you know, the kind that goes round and round and round with no end?) and I would like to share it with you guys :)

'A 15 year old girl holds her 1 year old son; people call her a slut. But no one knew she was raped at 13. Make fun of someone for being fat, but you don't know that person has a serious medical condition that causes her to be obese. Call the old guy ugly, but.. you don't know he got a serious face injury after serving the country or saving a life. Re-post this if you're against bullying and stereotyping.'

Doesn't this just reflect that TEENAGERS and the YOUNGER GENERATION have a mind of their own and are actually pretty mature? Yup, we're cool like that.

Peace out! :D

*Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttssss!* :)

No comments:

Post a Comment