Pages

So tell me whatcha looking for?

Sunday, August 21, 2011

SCENT OF A WOMAN (여인의 향기)



Sighh. Where do I even begin about this amazing drama? Oh, right. Synopsis!
A woman, Lee Yeon Jae, is given the grim prognosis that she only has a short time left to live. She decides to quit her job at a travel agency and live her life to the fullest. 
CAST:
Kim Sun Ah as Lee Yeon Jae 



Lee Dong Wook as Kang Ji Wook 


Uhm Ki Joon as Chae Eun Suk 

Seo Hyo Rim as Im Se Kyung 

So, I know what most of you must be thinking. "SHE'S GONNA DIE?!?!" 
I have no idea myself since there's only 10 out of 16 episodes out so far. But regardless of how this drama is going to end, I can say that this is probably the BEST Korean drama we're gonna get in 2011. In 2010, it was Secret Garden and I think this is it for this year, guys. ALL my fingers and toes are crossed for this drama to have a happy ending so I hope the script writers and director would take note of that!

Often at the wink of death, we begin to truly live our lives the way we want to. And I guess, it's the same for Lee Yeon Jae (Kim Sun Ah) as she's this shabby looking 34 year old that tries her very best to save up every penny for her "future" that is vanishing as the clock ticks. After finding out that she has cancer, she wanted to live life to the fullest and that included falling in love. This is where hottie Kang Ji Wook (Lee Dongwook) comes into the picture. He portrays the perfect heir to his father's travel agency and although he has always had that cool appearance, deep down inside, something in him died when his mother passed away. However, after meeting the bubbly Yeon Jae, he starts to take interest in things he's doing (which normally doesn't happen) and decides to live HIS OWN life from then on. The story is full of romance with a hint of comedy. COMEDY, DIRECTORS! Doesn't that say a lot on how this drama is supposed to end?! 

Anyway, I honestly haven't felt this way about other dramas after Secret Garden ended. Scent of a Woman has so many romantic and sweet scenes that has got me squealing in excitement! The cast is great too as they portray their characters very well and the chemistry between Lee Dongwook and Kim Sunah is just a work of art! They're both such talented actors and I can't imagine replacing them with any other actors. I also love how this drama AMPLIFIES even the slightest of touch between these two in order to highlight their growing relationship and affections for each other. Since there's also the element of tango in this drama and tango is known to be a sexy and seductive dance, it makes the drama THAT MUCH MORE interesting to watch. I mean, when the two leads were beginning to learn the dance and Yeon Jae placed her hands on Ji Wook's chest for him to guide the dance, it literally made MY HEART stop. It's like, they realized there and then that they were made for each other and every time they touch (even though it's nothing big), it completes the little pieces of puzzles in my heart. Like, have you felt this way before? Your heart feels all warm and fuzzy just watching OTHER PEOPLE fall in love. ahahaha! THIS DRAMA IS THATTT GOOODDDD! And like I've already mentioned before, the two leads for this drama is superb! I remember in the second episode after Yeon Jae just found out that she was gonna die and was reflecting on how all the money she has been trying to save up has been in vain, I felt so sad for her. When she cried, it made me cry. It's this kind of dramas that I want to watch and continue watching, you know? Where you can feel the character's pain and weep with them, cry happy tears or go, "OMO OMO OMO OMO!" when a romantic scene comes up. It's not often that we get swept off our feet by a worthy drama but this is it. A good plot, fantastic cast, romance and a VERY DEDICATED VIEWER (me!), what else can you ask for?

Start watching this drama NOW!
Link: http://www.kimchidramas.net/2011/07/scent-of-woman.html
I might update this post again when the drama concludes :)
Oh, by the way, check out the soundtrack that KIM JUNSU sang for this drama. That, too is flawless. 
Link: http://smalldotfarts.blogspot.com/2011/08/kim-junsu-you-are-so-beautiful-scent-of.html


This drama has got me thinking, "If death can come knocking at your door so unexpectedly, shouldn't we just do whatever we wanted and live life to the fullest everyday?" 
 

*Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttssss!* :)

No comments:

Post a Comment